Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
An infographic is a presentation of information which makes significant use of visual media and data visualization in order to engage visual literacy and communicate in a more dynamic way. Professionally designed infographics are often highly complex, intended to convey implications of data sets and statistics, but with a design tool and a few simple guidelines, anyone can make an infographic that is both visually appealing and informative.
HOW TO CREATE A PIKTOCHART INFOGRAPHIC EASILY
TIPS FOR CREATING AN INFOGRAPHIC
- Gather information before you begin. Think about what you want your audience to remember about your subject after viewing your infographic, and select information that will support that goal.
- Choose a tool that meets the requirements of your project. Some tools will allow you to upload your own photos or images, while others offer a range of stock images and icons. Some tools offer more flexibility in terms of sharing. Some tools only allow you to design infographics, while others let you create slideshows, charts, posters and animations.
- Choose a template that suits your subject. Many infographic design tools provide free templates you can easily edit with your own research, images, and data, whether your goal is a basic informational infographic, a comparison, a timeline, or any of the other common types of infographics.
- Design your infographic to be visually dynamic and uncluttered. Use text sparingly. Quotes, legends, definitions, captions, and many other methods of using text can support the visual impact of your infographic without detracting from the audience’s experience. Avoid blocks of text.
- Present your information using an appropriate delivery method for your information. Some tools allow you to publish your infographics as shareable links on the internet while others can be downloaded in various formats.