Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Use this box to give an overview of what the guide. You can also use this to introduce the subject and what information the guide will contain.
This page is as an example of a guide using 2 columns. These column widths are of equal width (50% and 50%), but they can also be distributed to have one column take up 25% of the screen and the other user 75%. The choice is yours!
This area can be filled with text, images, and links. Please be thoughtful about your text and make it as clear and concise as possible.
You can also share other Guides that are relevant to the subject or might be helpful to the user!
You can also add quick links to the databases that the library subscribes to, directly in the guide.
Academic Search Complete This link opens in a new window
Academic Search Complete is the world's most valuable and comprehensive scholarly, multi-disciplinary full-text database, with more than 8,500 full-text periodicals, including more than 7,300 peer-reviewed journals. In addition to full text, this database offers indexing and abstracts for more than 12,500 journals and a total of more than 13,200 publications including monographs, reports, conference proceedings, etc. The database features PDF content going back as far as 1887, with the majority of full text titles in native (searchable) PDF format. Searchable cited references are provided for more than 1,400 journals.
Gale Culinary Arts Collection This link opens in a new window
Culinary Arts Collection provides access to academic journals and magazines on all aspects of cooking and nutrition. The database includes thousands of searchable recipes, restaurant reviews, and industry information.
Some boxes can even have invisible borders! This sometimes looks best if you want to insert a photo.
Always be sure to cite the photos!
Make sure to send where you got the image from so we can make sure we don't violate copyright law!
CHECK FOR SKILLS
Here is where you will check that the student understands the topic of the guide. You can create a quiz in ProProf and embed directly into the guide. Contact the librarian for login information to create and edit quizzes and to track usage. Below is a sample quiz.
Here is where we can direct the user to the next step on mastering the subject. We can link to other guides so that they can continue learning about related subjects.